- Reconsider what you put online. This goes beyond social media posts. Even sharing your telephone number with a store associate can come back to bite you later.
- Use password managers. This way, you can use different, randomized passwords for all your sites without losing track of them.
- Use two-factor authentication. It’s a no-brainer.
- Encrypt the information on your drive. It’s easier than it sounds!
- Read privacy policies, otherwise you may be signing away more than you think.
- Monitor your credit. That way, if someone tries to use your info to make a big purchase, you can stop them in their tracks.