Is Your Data Really Secure In The Cloud?
Are you thinking about moving all or parts of your computer network “to the cloud” but worried about who can access your data? You’re not alone – but many security experts, software companies and cloud-service providers alike agree that cloud computing offers a MORE secure way to store data. In fact, the US government's cybersecurity adviser, Howard Schmidt, has said that cloud computing will enable businesses to catch up on security issues.
That’s because most small businesses do NOT have high-security measures in place for their data on-site and lack tight password protection policies, firewall management and backup procedures. The same business owners who verbalize their concern about putting their data in the cloud are backing up their entire network to a tape drive and leaving it in their car overnight – or are using weak passwords for important access points to their network, which are much bigger security risks than storing it in a highly secure, highly redundant cloud platform. That’s like saying you’d rather stuff your money into a mattress at home than keep it in a bank because you’re not sure who can see and touch your money.
Here are the top five security questions you must know the answers to if you’re going to trust your data in the cloud:
- Who outside of my company will have access to my data?
- What security measures are in place whenever a mobile device or laptop is lost or stolen?
- With what frequency is my data backed up (and where is it backed up)?
- What happens if my cloud provider goes out of business? What’s the backup plan?
- Where is my data actually located?
Of course, with any data storage there is risk, and there’s no way to completely guarantee absolute security. That said, most cloud providers are far more diligent about security and invest millions of dollars into ensuring all aspects of security are as tight as possible. We have spent a considerable amount of time investigating various cloud solutions and vendors for our clients.
Want more information on cloud security and what to look for in your business? Download our free cloud computing guide today – “5 Critical Facts Every Business Owner Must Know Before Moving Their Network To The Cloud.”
This FREE Executive Brief will discuss:
- The unvarnished truth about the pros and cons of cloud computing, as well as common cloud-migration “gotchas” that could cost you dearly in time, money and aggravation unless properly planned in advance.
- Straightforward answers to commonly asked questions CEOs and executives have about cost control, data security, the Internet going down, performance and what to expect during the migration process.
- Revealing questions to ask your IT consultant or cloud company BEFORE signing their contract that will reveal if they truly know what they are doing and are experienced enough to handle your network upgrade or migration to the cloud.
To Download Your Free Copy Today,
Simply Fill Out The Form on This Page
Or Call Us at (843) 234-9980
Always Work Hard To Exceed Our Expectations
"South Atlantic Bank has been in business since 2007 and from day one Creative Consultants Group has been our trusted IT advisor. Their experience in information services for banks allows us to focus on our core business while Creative takes care of all our Information Technology, IT Security, and Telecommunications needs. I am always confident in recommending Bill and his team as they always work hard to exceed our expectations."
South Atlantic Bank
A Trusted Partner That We Couldn't Live Without
"I've had the pleasure of working with Creative since joining Coastal Orthopedics in 2009. Since then I've enjoyed working with a team of talented professionals who constantly exceed my expectations. Our team of 9 providers sees an incredibly high volume of patients every day and we don't have time to waste with equipment and systems that simply don't work. CCG has designed and implemented a comprehensive solution for our practice that has allowed us to focus our time and attention on serving and caring for our patients instead of fighting with our technology. Simply put....Creative Consultants Group is not only a trusted partner that we couldn't live without, they're a trusted partner that we wouldn't want to live without. If you're looking for a technology partner to take your business to the next level, I personally recommend that you not waste another second talking with any other company. Call Creative for the real deal."