- Dedicated to helping businesses throughout the Southeastern US succeed
- 33 years in information technology working with Banks, Health Care Organizations, Hospitality, and Small to Medium sized businesses
- Skilled in both computers and business with a financial background
- Delivers technology based on needs and goals that is on budget, on target and on time!
Bill Hinson holds a 33-year track record of extinguishing IT fires, proactive computer management, saving companies millions of dollars, increasing profits, and earning the trust of executives leading some of the areas smallest and largest corporations.
As Chief Executive Officer of Creative Consultants Group, Bill leads a team specialized in preventing and solving information technology problems for a variety of small- and mid-sized businesses. He excels by proactively managing clients systems and helping them to align technology with the needs of their business. He values his relationships with clients, who often regard him and his team as a member of their own staff. With a keen sense of business, Bill helps his clients leverage technology to achieve their larger company objectives.
Some of his clients include business owners whose computer repair technicians failed to solve their problems. For example, one Georgetown County Engineering firm recently called Bill after their IT vendor (at the time) spent numerous billable hours trying unsuccessfully to fix an issue resulting from a change in internet service providers. The technician then recommended they buy a new server to solve the problem. Sensing something was not quite right; the firm called Bill and his team to look at the issue and much to the firm’s surprise, Bill’s team fixed the issue in 15 minutes after receiving the call, enabling them to avoid the cost of a new server.
Bill draws from more than two decades in positions at some of the largest companies in the area including Anchor Bank (now part of TD Ameritrade via Carolina First) and Horry Telephone Cooperative, where he proved his ability to use technology as a business enhancer and as a competitive differentiator that drives profits through increased sales, increased productivity, and lower costs. Among his successes:
- Bill helped Anchor Bank grow from just a few branches to more than 42 locations by using technology as a competitive Advantage. He personally oversaw the mergers and acquisition of several banks from a technology perspective and was the key in developing one of the first and most successful internet presences by a community bank that helped them grow into a regional bank.
- Bill was chosen originally to head up the Internet Services Group at Horry Telephone Cooperative which had been losing money each year when he arrived. Through his business acumen, and help of his dedicated employees, Bill and his staff turned this line of business into a multi-million dollar profitable business line for HTC that continues to expand and grow to this day. During his tenure he was also given the added responsibilities of managing the internal network and staff as well as the help desk group. He left in 2004 to pursue his passion for bringing corporate IT services to Small to Medium sized businesses through development of Creative Consultants Group.
Bill is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Myrtle Beach and Conway Chambers of Commerce, and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association known as ISACA. Bill holds certifications as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, VMWare Technical and Sales Engineer, Sonicwall Technical and Sales Engineer; as well Apple, IBM, Dell and HP repair certifications.
Bill attended the University of South Carolina at Conway (now known as Coastal Carolina University) where he majored in Finance with minors in Computer Science and English. A native of North Carolina, he grew up in the Charlotte area before moving to the Myrtle Beach SC area with his family in 1979. He and his wife Beverley have two daughters, Holli and Amy, two son-in laws, Dave and Chris, and three grandchildren, Madison, Benjamin, and CJ, which he absolutely treasures. Bill, Beverly, and their Border Collie Ginger live in Conway SC. Bill enjoys swimming, biking, and spending time with his family spread throughout North Carolina and South Carolina, and West Virginia.